Tumblrize: a plugin to post from Wordpress to Tumblr
****Tumblrize is not working anymore and is now end of life. Please read this post for details.****
Tumblrize is very lightweight. It just requires you to input your Tumblr email and password in the plugin’s options screen. After that, you’re ready to cross-post!
Other options allow posting to Posterous, sending additional metadata from your WordPress entry (notably tags), to Tumblr, and more.
- Publish to Tumblr automagically whenever you hit the Publish button in Wordpress
- Pubish all new articles or on a post by post basis.
- Keeps your posts in sync: if you remove a post from Wordpress, it’ll be removed from Tumblr as well.
- Get email notifications whenever a post is published
- Supports your post’s tags.
- Supports Tumblr post types (text, audio, link, photo, video)
- Supports Tumblr groups
- Option: publish to your Posterous
- Option: link to your original article
- Option: add tags to all your posted items
- Option: per post crossposting
- Download the plugin file: Tumblrize (v 1.3)
- Unzip the file in your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Go to your WordPress administration panel and activate the plugin
- Go to Tumblrize Options and edit your Tumblr login and password
- That’s it!
Now when you post to Wordpress, the content goes right to your Tumblr account.
- 22/09/2009: v1.0 - initial release
- 25/09/2009: v1.1 - code cleanup, new posting methods
- 26/09/2009: v1.2 - Tumblr email and password can be set from the settings panel.
- 27/09/2009: v1.2.1 - Added a shiny new Tumblrize logo.
- 28/09/2009: v1.2.2 - Added a checkbox to post also to Posterous. You may have to confirm your first post sent with that option.
- 29/09/2009: v1.2.3 - You can now get notifications by email when Tumblrize has sucessfully posted. You can also add a link to the original article redirecting to your Wordpress blog, and turn off the plugin if needed.
- 29/09/2009: v1.2.4 - Prevents double posting: if the post is updated, the update won’t be sent. Switch off Tumblr but post on posterous. Added a tags option.
- 18/10/2009: v1.3- New features:
- Post editing. When you edit a WordPress post that has been previously cross-posted to Tumblr, Tumblrize will update Tumblr with the new information.
- Post deletion. When you delete a WordPress post that has been previously cross-posted to Tumblr, Tumblrize will delete that post from your Tumblr blog to keep both blogs up-to-date.
- Tag support added. WordPress post tags become Tumblr post tags.
- Photo post type support added. Tumblrize will search for the first instance of an ‘<img>’ tag in your post if `Photo` is selected as the Tumblr Post Type and use it as the photo source of the Tumblr post.
- Uninstallation support. Tumblrize will clean up after itself if you uninstall it, removing your Tumblr login credentials from your database. This improves your security.
- Significant code cleanup.
- 19/10/2009: v1.3.1 - Improved options screen, significant code and database access enhancements.
- 20/10/2009: v1.3.2- New features:
- Link, Audio, and Quote Tumblr Post types support added.
- Tumblr public group support added. Tumblrize can now post to your non-default (public) Tumblr blog.
- Individual post option override added. Override default plugin settings on a per-post basis.
- Minor code cleanup.
- 22/10/2009: v1.3.3 - Post date is taken into account. This will help older Wordpress posts not to be posted to Tumblr as new entries. To tumblrize an old post, go edit and update it with Tumblrize checked.
- 24/10/2009: v.1.3.4
- Scheduled posting is now supported. This effectively mimics the Tumblr queue feature.
- Fixed bug where deleting a post on WordPress did not delete the right post on Tumblr.
- Fixed bug where timezone differences resulted in incorrectly dated Tumblr post. Fixed by using UTC time for everything. Make sure both your Tumblr blog and your WordPress blog are using the same timezone.
- Improved error handling. Tumblrize will warn you of authentication failures, connection errors, and some other potential issues.
- Other minor bugfixes.
- 24/10/2009: v.1.3.5 - Added Video Support. If you use Youtube’s embed code in your Wordpress post body, it’ll send the URL to Tumblr which will generate the code.
- 29/12/2009: v.1.3.6
- Select categories that will never be crossposted. Useful if you also use another crossposting plugin like Twitter Tools and you don’t want to create an endless crossposting loop.
- Allow Tumblr Post Type to be edited if the post has not yet been crossposted yet (i.e., if the post doesn’t have an associated Tumblr post ID).
- Continual minor code cleanup.
- 29/08/2010: v.1.4.0- New feature: Multiple author support for shared Tumblr blogs.
- WordPress users can override the plugin’s default Tumblr credentials with their own account information. Tumblrize uses the user-specific credentials to crosspost content and associate it with the appropriate Tumblr user. If no user-specific credentials are entered, Tumblrize falls back to the plugin-wide settings.
- Improve clarity, grammar, of an error message.
- Fix bug where uninstall routine failed to clear the category exclusion options. - download unsupported version
****As of 09/11/2012, Tumblrize is not working anymore and is now end of life. Please read this post for details.****
The Tumblrize options screen.
The Tumblrize custom post editing box, allowing you to specify which type of Tumblr post this WordPress post is.
If you need help or would like to thank me :), please use the contact form.
Want to see what has been posted with Tumblrize? Head over here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I specify tags?
Yes. WordPress’s tags are also crossposted to Tumblr. Be certain you have enabled the “Add post tags, too?” setting in the plugin’s option screen.
I checked the Posterous box for the first time, what happens next?
It will either create a new Posterous blog if you hadn’t one yet, and send exactly the same content to Tumblr and Posterous. Posterous will probably find it suspicious at first, asking you by email to confirm your post. Tumblrize will use your Tumblr email login for Posterous.
Can send older Wordpress posts to Tumblr?
Yes. Go edit the desired post, verify the crosspost option is set to YES, and update the post. Tumblrize will keep the original post date.
What if I edit a post that has been tumblrized?
If you edit or delete, changes will appear on Tumblr accordingly.
Can I cross-post Private posts from WordPress to Tumblr?
No. Currently Tumblrize only supports cross-posting public posts (i.e., posts with the status of
publish). If you would like support for private posts, please contact us to let us know, or indicate your feature request on our issue tracker.
258 Notes/ Hide
- xuanshi1988 likes this
- backoffice reblogged this from ijulien and added:
- lgretired likes this
- seletividades likes this
- retrorevx likes this
- fp2a reblogged this from ijulien
- buy-xanax-online likes this
- como-ganhar-dinheiro-internet reblogged this from ijulien
- looneylizard reblogged this from ijulien
- looneylizard likes this
- geekdad3 likes this
- andreastagger likes this
- truebluemeandyou likes this
- la-ulu likes this
- bluray3d reblogged this from ijulien
- wolski-ru reblogged this from ijulien
- schizophrenia likes this
- depannage-informatiques likes this
- theoriginalrondamon likes this
- breathing0ut-psychedelic-air likes this
- buyp90xcheap likes this
- allergplus likes this
- abomen-edu likes this
- essaysuk likes this
- dubaiseo likes this
- cor-austri likes this
- kelowna-bc likes this
- nanospectives likes this
- joeross likes this
- arturo09 likes this
- bonusbetting likes this
- sido likes this
- waitingroomfurniture likes this
- faire-part-en-ligne likes this
- shaunkardinal likes this
- tableau-contemporain likes this
- vacances-location likes this
- ijulien posted this